Director of Sales & Marketing
Seeking an experienced lead salesperson to proudly represent the company with sales of premium organic landscape and garden products and company services.
Must be a highly motivated, resourceful, confident, articulate, communicative, and organized individual. The selected candidate will be provided training during the transition to working independently and as the head of a sales team.
Experience in the green industry, agriculture, horticulture, soil, organic materials’ production or sales is essential. Related bachelor’s or master’s degree in plant, soil science, or biology is desired.
Candidates must be willing to travel in company vehicle throughout Arizona and the Southwest. The company is based in Tucson. This is a salary-based role with opportunity for additional compensation based on performance.
Must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), excellent people skills, and customer service skills are essential.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Lead in marketing, supply chain, order fulfillment, and customer service operations of industrial recycling, compost, and waste management and hauling company.
Initiate, plan, and execute sales calls in Tucson and in Arizona in company vehicle.
Respond to incoming customer inquiries. Provide quotes, requested documentation and information by phone and email. Conduct follow-up calls to customers and ensure customer satisfaction
Ensure customer satisfaction, handle all customer inquiries and sales thoroughly and with care.
Discuss topics of soil health, plants, lab tests, and basic soil chemistry with customers.
Utilize and pursue prospective leads, as well as identify new leads. Pursue potential growth markets and maintain growth in current industries and markets.
Conduct financial transactions and sales, dispatch delivery tickets, and use basic math for customer service with product calculations.
Maintain accurate and updated customer records, and manage resources (marketing materials, flyers, price lists) in an organized manner. Efficiently manages data to maintain accurate records and produce reports for strategic program planning.
Co-manage website and social media platforms to generate content and promote brand.
Plan for strategic marketing activities, seasonally and annually.
Deliver educational presentations about the company’s products to a variety of stakeholders. Participate in a range of public outreach and sales events.
Design display and informational materials for marketing, interpretation, and creative outreach.
Create service agreements for residential, commercial and governmental agencies to provide waste and recycling, hauling and processing programs for various materials including construction/demolition debris, green landscape debris, cardboard, etc.
Pursue government, corporate, and agency contracts using procurement and bidding system, manage contracts, and ensure fulfillment and adherence to contractual agreements.
Implements new programs and services. Develop standard work procedures for internal use with a high level of cooperation and team consensus. Conducts in-house team training as well as customer “product-knowledge” training.
Recruit and manage small team, each with independent responsibilities, conducts employee reviews, facilitate and lead team and departmental meetings.
Use progressive leadership skills and efficient project delegation.
Work effectively with other departments to coordinate product needs, manage inventory, and fulfill orders.
Engage in community networking by initiating and cultivating partnerships, serve as a liaison to organizations, oversee donation requests.
Positively represent the company in press inquiries for television, radio, podcasts, and print.
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting Salary $50,000 with performance bonuses.
Medical Insurance – Eligible to apply after 60 days
Dental Insurance – Eligible to apply after 60 days
401(k) – Eligible after 1 year
PURCHASING CARD (P-Card) FISCAL ANALYST
Duration: June 30, 2020, possible longer. $23-$25.50/hr.
This Fiscal Analyst-Purchasing Card Program performs a variety of professional duties for the College’s Payment Services Department. These include monitoring, analysis, and reconciling of accounting activity for purchasing cards, accounts payable and electronic payment processes. This position monitors financial processes, automated processes, and assists management with process improvements.
- Provide customer support to existing and potential pcard users by addressing policy interpretations, general and technical inquiries, contacting the bank and problem resolution
- Develop and update pcard training material
- Coordinate pcard training sessions and maintain pcard training log
- Assist with pcard online application, reporting lost/stolen cards and closing accounts
- Prepare reports for management on pcard statistics and compliance; monthly, quarterly and annually;
- Monitor compliance and proper card usage to ensure continued success of the pcard program
- Monitor procedures used for pcard, payment and interdepartmental reconciliation processes
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies
- Update and review financial processes
- Define requirements for creative, logical, and effective research projects
- Research, interpret, and apply applicable standards and federal, state, and local policies, procedures, and laws
- Analyze and reconcile internal and external information
- Work independently on major special projects
- Prepare reports and presentations using automated financial systems and other computer applications including word processing
- Investigate, analyze, and compile reports related to payables processing
- Develop and create advanced spreadsheets and databases
- Utilize report writing systems and/or queries
- Communicate clearly and concisely both in writing and orally
- Respond to and work with internal and external auditors
- Evaluate accounting and operational procedures and recommend improvements
- Prepare, examine or analyze accounting records and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Develop and update training materials
- Must maintain an understanding of purchasing policy, procedures, procurement thresholds and grant related requirements
- Additional miscellaneous department related duties as assigned
IT HELP DESK $18-$20/hr. (Standing Order)
The Help Desk Technician’s role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual use remote tools to provide help at the desktop level.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (CITY MUNICIPALITY) (Standing Order) $12.50-$14.00 to start.
Phones and dealing with walk-in customers. Selling parking permits, accepting payment for parking ticket fines. Other projects will be provided to work on between customers. Long term assignment, Includes sick leave.