PURCHASING CARD (P-Card) FISCAL ANALYST
Duration: June 30, 2020, possible longer. $23-$25.50/hr.
This Fiscal Analyst-Purchasing Card Program performs a variety of professional duties for the College’s Payment Services Department. These include monitoring, analysis, and reconciling of accounting activity for purchasing cards, accounts payable and electronic payment processes. This position monitors financial processes, automated processes, and assists management with process improvements.
- Provide customer support to existing and potential pcard users by addressing policy interpretations, general and technical inquiries, contacting the bank and problem resolution
- Develop and update pcard training material
- Coordinate pcard training sessions and maintain pcard training log
- Assist with pcard online application, reporting lost/stolen cards and closing accounts
- Prepare reports for management on pcard statistics and compliance; monthly, quarterly and annually;
- Monitor compliance and proper card usage to ensure continued success of the pcard program
- Monitor procedures used for pcard, payment and interdepartmental reconciliation processes
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies
- Update and review financial processes
- Define requirements for creative, logical, and effective research projects
- Research, interpret, and apply applicable standards and federal, state, and local policies, procedures, and laws
- Analyze and reconcile internal and external information
- Work independently on major special projects
- Prepare reports and presentations using automated financial systems and other computer applications including word processing
- Investigate, analyze, and compile reports related to payables processing
- Develop and create advanced spreadsheets and databases
- Utilize report writing systems and/or queries
- Communicate clearly and concisely both in writing and orally
- Respond to and work with internal and external auditors
- Evaluate accounting and operational procedures and recommend improvements
- Prepare, examine or analyze accounting records and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Develop and update training materials
- Must maintain an understanding of purchasing policy, procedures, procurement thresholds and grant related requirements
- Additional miscellaneous department related duties as assigned
IT HELP DESK $18-$20/hr. (Standing Order)
The Help Desk Technician’s role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual use remote tools to provide help at the desktop level.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (CITY MUNICIPALITY) (Standing Order) $12.50-$14.00 to start.
Phones and dealing with walk-in customers. Selling parking permits, accepting payment for parking ticket fines. Other projects will be provided to work on between customers. Long term assignment, Includes sick leave.